[Gluster-devel] glfsheal test failures

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Dec 12 13:53:14 UTC 2014

> This is right on some systems, but not universal. This is why libtool
> links afr.so while warning it is not portable. You can have a hint
> that modules may not be plain libraries here:
> $ libtool link --help|grep module
>   -module           build a library that can dlopened

So you're using "DSO" to mean not just something that's a dynamic
shared object but specifically something that's built to work with
dlopen?  Seems like bad terminology to me, and possibly bad
engineering, but when libtool is involved that's not a surprise.

Back to the point, it seems like we should use "ld -l" for some
things (e.g. libglusterfs) and dlopen for others (e.x. xlators),
but never "cross the streams" or just add a .so to the list of
objects.  Does that sound right?