[Gluster-devel] glfsheal test failures

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Fri Dec 12 05:18:01 UTC 2014

> 1. The glfsheal makefile also links it to other .SOs (libglusterfs, libgfapi
> etc). Is that OK to do?

As far as I can tell, yes.  Those end up in /lib64 where they are found
without any special configuration on our part.  Translators are different; we
install those in a different location that the system doesn't already know
about.

> 2. dlopen("afr,so",flags) also looks for the object in predefined locations
> listed in `man 3 dlopen`. That
> makes me wonder if you would still end up hitting the same issue where afr.so
> cannot be found.

The reason loading translators does work is that we explicitly load using
XLATORDIR/whatever.so (see xlator_dynload) and XLATOR_DIR is set to the
correct value at config time.  Any code which loads translators should
follow this example.

> > When it works, it's by accident.
>
> All my machines seem to be accident prone :-)

It might be interesting to know how your system knows to look for libraries
in /usr/local/lib/glusterfs/3.7dev/xlator/cluster (and BTW /usr/local
implies that what you're building/installing isn't a standard RPM).  Do you
have anything in /etc/ld.so.conf* that would explain it?