[Gluster-devel] question on glustershd

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Sat Dec 6 16:53:34 UTC 2014

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> wrote:

> Forcing the option to on in the sources does not help: it goes throuh
> __afr_selfheal_metadata_finalize_source() without finding a source and
> returns -1.

Tracing further:

afr_selfheal_find_direction() get the matrix:
0 1
1 0

As a result, witness[] is all zero, there is no source.

Could it be otherwise? The offending node is obtained this way (I
stripped other operations), I do not see how it could be healed, after
all:

TEST mkdir spb_me_heal

TEST kill_brick $V0 $H0 $B0/${V0}0
TEST touch spb_me_heal/0

$CLI volume stop $V0
$CLI volume start $V0 force
EXPECT_WITHIN $PROCESS_UP_TIMEOUT "1" afr_child_up_status $V0 0
EXPECT_WITHIN $PROCESS_UP_TIMEOUT "1" afr_child_up_status $V0 1
TEST kill_brick $V0 $H0 $B0/${V0}1

TEST touch spb_me_heal/1

$CLI volume stop $V0

$CLI volume start $V0 force