[Gluster-devel] question on glustershd

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Wed Dec 3 04:44:22 UTC 2014

Ravishankar N <ravishankar at redhat.com> wrote:

> afr_shd_full_healer() is run only when we run 'gluster vol heal <volname>
> full`, doing a full brick traversal (readdirp) from the root and
> attempting heal for each entry.

Then we agree that "gluster vol heal $volume full" may fail to heal some
files because of inode lock contention, right?

If that is expected behavior, then the tests are wrong. For instance in
tests/basic/afr/entry-self-heal.t we do "gluster vol heal $volume full"
and we check that no unhealed files are left behind.

Did I miss something, or do we have to either fix afr_shd_full_healer()
or tests/basic/afr/entry-self-heal.t ?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz