[Gluster-devel] A suggestion on naming test files.

Kaushal M kshlmster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 06:51:56 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Currently we name tests associated with a bug with just the bug-id as
'bug-XXXXXXX.t'. This naming doesn't provide any context directly, and
someone looking at just the name wouldn't know what it does.

I suggest that we use slightly more descriptive names to the tests.
Lets name the tests as 'bug-XXXXXXX-checking-if-feature-Y-works.t'.
This provides just enough context to understand what the test is
trying to do from just the name.

How do you all feel about this?

~kaushal