[Gluster-devel] $B1 in tests

Ravishankar N ravishankar at redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 16:57:32 UTC 2014

On 08/07/2014 12:22 PM, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Hi
>
> NetBSD now passes most of tests/basic/afr, but I still have a failure
> here in tests/basic/aft/self-heal.t. This command gets "" and cause a
> failure later in "check heal has happened in the correct direction":
>      GFID=$(gf_get_gfid_xattr $B1/brick1/file)
>
> Debugging a bit I can see $B1 is unset, which explains it goes wrong.
> But I do not find where it could be defined.
>
> Hence the questions:
> 1) Why $B1 instead of $B0?

Hi Emmanuel,

This is a mistake in the testcase, it has to be GFID=$(gf_get_gfid_xattr
$B0/brick1/file) . Would you like to send a patch to fix it?

> 2) How does it pass on Linux?

It was passing incorrectly due to some regex pattern matching magic.
Basically,  EXPECT succeeds if the first argument (i.e expected value)
is "", no matter what the second argument (actual value) is.

> 3) tests/snapshot.rc defines B1=$B0. Is it okay to move that to
> tests/include.rc ?

Not needed after fixing (1)

Regards.
Ravi