[Gluster-devel] Fw: Re: Corvid gluster testing

David F. Robinson david.robinson at corvidtec.com
Wed Aug 6 17:00:03 UTC 2014

My apologies.  I did some additional testing and realized that my timing
wasn't right.  I believe that after I do the write, NFS caches the data
and until I close and flush the file, the timing isn't correct.
I believe the appropriate timing is now 38-seconds for NFS and
60-seconds for gluster.  I played around with some of the parameters and
got it down to 52-seconds with gluster by setting:

performance.write-behind-window-size: 128MB
performance.cache-size: 128MB

I couldn't get it closer to the NFS timing on the writes, although the
read speads were slightly better than NFS.  I am not sure if this is
reasonable, or if I should be able to get write speeds that are more
comparable to the NFS mount...

Sorry for the confusion I might have caused with my first email... It
isn't 25x slower.  It is roughly 30% slower for the writes...

David