[Gluster-devel] Monotonically increasing memory

Raghavendra Gowdappa rgowdapp at redhat.com
Fri Aug 1 00:12:17 UTC 2014

Anders,

Mostly its a case of memory leak. It would be helpful if you can file a bug on this. Following information would be useful to fix the issue:

1. valgrind reports (if possible).
 a. To start brick and nfs processes with valgrind you can use following cmdline when starting glusterd.
    # glusterd --xlator-option *.run-with-valgrind=yes

    In this case all the valgrind logs can be found in standard glusterfs log directory.

 b. For client you can start glusterfs just like any other process in valgrind. Since glusterfs is daemonized, while running with valgrind we need to prevent it by running it in foreground. We can use -N option to do that
    # valgrind --leak-check=full --log-file=<path-to-valgrind-log> glusterfs --volfile-id=xyz --volfile-server=abc -N /mnt/glfs

2. Once you observe a considerable leak in memory, please get a statedump of glusterfs

  # gluster volume statedump <volname>

and attach the reports in the bug.

regards,
Raghavendra.