[Gluster-devel] Documentation expectations for 3.5 release

John Mark Walker johnmark at redhat.com
Tue Apr 15 22:24:27 UTC 2014

On Apr 15, 2014 6:09 PM, Jeff Darcy <jdarcy at redhat.com> wrote:

> It's a developer problem *and* a user problem either way.

Right. The most productive thing we can do right now is come up with a plan for future releases.

Because the expectations for docs were not set until the last minute, it's not really fair to mandate them at this point in the Dev cycle. But now that you know we're serious about it, there is an incentive to do it the right way from now on and bake docs into the release process. I interjected not because I thought we'd write all the docs immediately, but because I wanted to raise awareness of the problem. And make no mistake - it is a huge problem.

Right now, let's push this release with the understanding that we need to avoid this situation in the future. Getting adequate docs for releases is extremely important. Let's make sure we have them in place.

-JM