[Gluster-devel] Documentation expectations for 3.5 release

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Tue Apr 15 17:59:05 UTC 2014

On 15/04/2014, at 6:46 PM, Vijay Bellur wrote:
<snip>
> I do not think holding 3.5.0 back for documentation backlog that has not been covered earlier is right. I certainly think that there's no one stroke of the brush that can fix all our documentation limitations. Given that we have adequate information available (in some form) for features in 3.5, I am still inclined to move these bugs as blockers for 3.5.1 and go ahead with 3.5.0 as it exists today.

Where's the pressure coming from to release 3.5.0 without basic user
documentation for all features?

Is there _actual pressure_ from a defined source (who I can speak to), or
is it something such as "we're really overdue already", etc?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat