[Gluster-devel] Weird tag name of 3.5.0qa2 from git

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Thu Apr 24 07:49:30 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 11:10:36AM +0530, Kaushal M wrote:
> v3.5qa2 is the latest tag on the master branch. This is why 'git
> describe --tags' is picking that up.

Maybe someone should create a tag like v3.devel or something in the
master branch? When the next branching for release-3.6 gets done, that
branch should get an initial minor change (start with release notes?)
and have that tagged like v3.6.0alpha (make sure to include the .0 and
start with 'alpha' so that 'beta' will be seen as an update).

If I'm not mistaken, this would 'fix' the unexpected versioning.

Niels