[Gluster-devel] Question on Gluster license

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Mon Sep 30 19:44:02 UTC 2013

On 09/30/2013 11:14 PM, John Mark Walker wrote:
> It is dual-licensed under the LGPL v3+ and GPL v2, which might allow
> what you're looking for.
>
> However, I am not a lawyer, so I recommend you find a licensing expert
> for any IP legal advice.
>
> -JM

LGPL V3 and GPL2 allows you to use Gluster's api (e.g: libgfapi) to use
in proprietary software. But proprietary code can't be put in to
Gluster's code base. That means any code put in to GLusterFS should
follow GPL v2 and LGPL v3+ . However I am not a lawyer,  so  please find
a licensing expert or lawyer for any IP legal advice.

-Lala