[Gluster-devel] [Request] Backport to release branch *only* after master branch merge

Shishir Gowda sgowda at redhat.com
Tue Sep 17 06:09:58 UTC 2013

+1

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amar Tumballi" <atumball at redhat.com>
To: "Gluster Devel" <gluster-devel at nongnu.org>
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 6:36:52 PM
Subject: [Gluster-devel] [Request] Backport to release branch *only* after	master branch merge

Hello Developers,

Can we make a *strict* practice to send patches to review in release
branch only after it gets merged in 'master' branch ? Specially because
there would be extra noise in gerrit, and also confusion in case of
review processes. If two reviewers review the same patch in different
branches, (just for example like [1][2]), we will never have a
collaborated review history for future reference.

Having a rule/practice that we post patches to release branch only after
'master' merge would help reviewers a lot. It would also reduce load on
regression and smoke test machines (because if there is a patch refresh
for every comment, instead of 1 tests, we may have to run 2 (or more)).

Regards,
Amar

[1] - http://review.gluster.org/5903
[2] - http://review.gluster.org/5788