[Gluster-devel] Fwd: Using Bittorrent Protocol as basis for Geo-Replication

Theron Conrey theron at conrey.org
Wed Sep 11 16:02:46 UTC 2013

Thanks John Mark!

I've been starting actually with murder, but it's really optimized for same
datacenter style deployments.

Ideally, there'd be an open source version of Sync (bittornado libs?) that
also allowed for a private tracker that could be setup as well.  This
should be able to be public facing (same as bittorrent.com's ) to allow for
private setups.  also (interestingly) there could be a gluster.org tracker
created to host user test environments.

Obviously such an awesome project should be dropped in the forge as a
module for gluster :)

If anyone is interested in talking about this, please let me know!