[Gluster-devel] Glupy bugs: found the solution?

Luis Pabon lpabon at redhat.com
Tue Oct 29 13:34:33 UTC 2013

Hi guys,
     On the python bindings side, we have hired a new developer to spend
his time divided between gluster-swift and the python bindings for gfapi
(and probably Java binding on some future date).  His name is Thiago da
Silva and he started a few weeks ago.
     The gluster-swift project will require, in the near future, to move
from using FUSE to libgfapi, and so we really need to the python
bindings to become a real project:  python exceptions, unit tests,
functional tests, documentation, releases, etc.
     We are also planning on moving the bindings away from the glusterfs
repo to a new repo.  We have been really busy working on SWAuth for
Gluster-swift, but we plan on using the same development workflow as
gluster-swift in python-libgfapi repo.

     Here is the repo information:
Public Repo: https://github.com/gluster/libgfapi-python (for some reason
it is not syncing with Gerrit.  I'll ping Avati)
Gerrit:  http://review.gluster.org/libgfapi-python

- Luis