[Gluster-devel] Fwd: Snapshot feature design review

Paul Cuzner pcuzner at redhat.com
Mon Oct 28 18:38:21 UTC 2013

Thanks for responding on this.

As far as snapshot schedules are concerned, I'd recommend that the definition of a schedule is separate from the snapshot and then the snapshot is associated with a schedule. This then enables
- schedules to be centralised and used for other functions
- schedules to be reused across volumes
- schedules to be regarded as a "policy" and applied across multiple clusters, potentially by RHS-C - driving site standards and consistency.

Cheers,

PC