[Gluster-devel] RPMs for 3.5

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Fri Oct 18 11:44:41 UTC 2013

On 10/18/2013 02:06 AM, Joe Julian wrote:
> Pre-release rpms and tarballs are available from bits.gluster.org
>
> On 10/17/2013 7:20 PM, Paul Cuzner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I see from the original schedule for 3.5, beta is scheduled for the 29th.
>>
>> Can you tell me whether rpms will be available for the beta, from
>> download.gluster.org?

Yes, tarballs of every "release" — could be a QA, Alpha, Beta, or GA
release — are available from
http://bits.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/src/. A "release" happens
every time someone runs a "release" job on the GlusterFS Jenkins.

Selected non-GA releases are compiled into RPM packages and YUM repos
are created at
http://download.gluster.org/pub/gluster/glusterfs/qa-releases/. (The
tarballs are also available from there, in their respective YUM repo
subdir.)

But we haven't released anything for 3.5 yet — no QA, no Alpha, no Beta.
In fact we haven't even branched the source tree for 3.5 yet. So it's a
teeny bit premature to be asking about beta. I'd hazard a guess that the
schedule is slipping a bit.

--

Kaleb