[Gluster-devel] Need Help : How to create cinder volume on glusterfs mount point

Shrinivas Kulkarni shrikltc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 11:27:34 UTC 2013

[ sorry for spam sending same mail from my gluser-devel subscription mail ]

Hi,

Thanks for reply !

Here is the your require info :

Before running stack.sh,
I have updated "localrc" config file and added below things

CINDER_DRIVER=glusterfs
CINDER_GLUSTERFS_SHARES="10.0.2.15:/vol1"

so after completing script stack.sh execution,
 /etc/cinder/cinder.conf files shows this as default :

[DEFAULT]
glusterfs_shares_config = /etc/cinder/glusterfs_shares
volume_driver = cinder.volume.drivers.glusterfs.GlusterfsDriver
.
.

and /etc/cinder/gluster_shares have this content

10.0.2.15:/vol1

only things which is not get enabled in cinder.conf  is gluster mount
point,
it remain as commented

Even though I mentioned below variable in localrc

GLUSTERFS_SHARES_CONFIG="/etc/cinder/glusterfs_shares"
GLUSTERFS_MOUNT_POINT_BASE=/mnt2

/etc/cinder/cinder.conf -

# Base dir containing mount points for gluster shares (string
# value)
#glusterfs_mount_point_base=$state_path/mnt  <---------

so, now I added glusterfs for cinder_driver
How  'cinder create' volume command aware that I want to use glusterfs to
create/store volume on it
by default cinder goes for lvm/scsi right ?

Also, I'm trying to use below  config parameter
but not succeeded
in cinder.conf
# Support for multi lvm backend configuration (default is no support)
CINDER_MULTI_LVM_BACKEND=$(trueorfalse False $CINDER_MULTI_LVM_BACKEND)