[Gluster-devel] Request to announce changes to build.gluster.org, Jenkins and the automated testing environment

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Nov 19 14:58:16 UTC 2013

Hi all,

today we were informed [0] about failures in the regression tests when
./tests/basic/rpm.t [1] was executed. The cause for these failures seem
to be restricted to the Jenkins environment, manual testing on
build.gluster.org did not have any problems.

We would appreciate it if any changes to the build environment like [2]
were announced to the gluster-infra at gluster.org maillinglist (on CC).
This issue caused several hours of testing (regression tests are slow)
and delayed the review and merging of changes. A heads-up on the change
would have given an idea where to look and the problem would have been
solved [3] much quicker.

Thanks in advance,
Niels, and everyone who got hit by 404 errors in the regression tests

[0] Subject: [Gluster-devel] autobuild fails because of network
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2013-11/msg00054.html

[1] This test-script takes the sources, builds a tarball a src.rpm and
rebuilds all the rpms inside a "mock" environment. During this test,
several chroot environments are build from packages that are available
in the Fedora EPEL repositories.

[2] The failure seems to have been introduced by a proxy server that is
setup (through environment variables?), and which does not allow
contacting the Fedora EPEL mirrors.

[3] The proxy server has been explicitly disabled in
/etc/mock/site-defaults.cfg, so that yum does not use the proxy anymore.