[Gluster-devel] Could we add a MAINTAINERS file to the glusterfs sources?

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Nov 18 18:22:38 UTC 2013

On 11/18/2013 06:49 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> different projects (Linux kernel, QEMU, ...) have a MAINTAINERS file in
> the root of the git repository. This file mostly lists the maintainers
> or main committers for certain files and directories. On occasion it
> would be very helpful to know who to add as a reviewer for proposed
> patches.
>
> Is there someone who can add a MAINTAINERS file?

Sounds like a good idea. A good way to figure out reviewers for a
particular directory might be to identify members in the community who
have contributed and/or reviewed more than X percentage of patches in
that particular directory. X should be significant and a good starting
value can be 25.

In the case of we not having even a single individual who exceeds X, we
can pick up the top 2-3 reviewers/code contributors.

Thoughts?

-Vijay