[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Gluster KVM scripts

Jay Vyas jayunit100 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 22:29:58 UTC 2013

hi james, moving this to public.  The subject was how to start using jame's
puppet modules with the vagrant/gluster examples that we are working on.
So here are some bullets to move things forward.

- Here are the functions for creating the gluster setup :
https://forge.gluster.org/vagrant/fedora19-gluster/blobs/master/gluster-hbase-example/setup.shWe
basically create a fake disk using truncate, assign it as a brick for
the gluster volume, and then mount.  From there , we point hbase to that
mount point and thats all there is.

- lets disregard the hbase part for now, and maybe you could create a
"vagrant+puppet+gluster" starter project that uses some of the logic from
this?  From there maybe we could work together to hack in the
hbase/hadoop/whatever bits to make a puppetized version of these bash
files.

The advantage in my eyes of moving to your puppet:

1) mister james maintains the gluster bits :) :) :)
2) Less implementation details, more logic on how we integrate gluster with
bigdata tools
3) the gluster community gets a cool example for learning how to use puppet
and gluster together in a completely reproducible, zero startup
environment.

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com