[Gluster-devel] fallocate

Anand Avati avati at gluster.org
Sat Nov 16 21:49:27 UTC 2013

If you call fallocate() over an existing region with data it shouldn't be
wiped with 0s. You can also call fallocate() on a hole (in case file was
ftruncate()ed to a large size) and that region should get "allocated" (i.e
future write to an fallocated() region should NOT fail with ENOSPC).

BTW, does NetBSD have the equivalent of open_by_handle[_at]() and
name_to_handle[_at]() system calls?