[Gluster-devel] Zombie UIDs and GIDs

Lalatendu Mohanty lmohanty at redhat.com
Thu Nov 7 06:14:58 UTC 2013

On 11/06/2013 11:23 PM, Martin Kohn wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a severe problem with gluster:
>
> User and Group IDs are broken, but not in all directories:
>
> drwxr-xr-x 103 p_kohn01 p0wess 4096 24. Jul 17:22
> 2013_07_24_17:22_10kupsilon_flat
>
> ?---------   ? ? ?         ?             ?
> 2013_08_10_00:44_500k_upsilon_flat
>
> ?---------   ? ? ?         ?             ?
> 2013_08_12_21:54_500k_upsilon_flat_1s
>
> drwxr-xr-x   2 p_kohn01 p0wess    6  6. Nov 18:48 test
>
> On the Internet I could not find a hind of a solution. The volume is
> striped over two server. In the base directorys of the bricks, the
> data looks fine.
>
> Any Idea what I could do?

  I always use distribute-replicate volume type because I am not sure if
stripe volume works as expected. Never heard in the community that
stripe works well in production . However I can be wrong.

My suggestion would be to move to distribute replicate volume type
unless you want to fix the issue yourself.

-Lala