[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS coding standards

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Fri May 24 05:03:02 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We don't yet seem to have a "coding standards" document for the GlusterFS
code base.

Anyone object to having one created?

After appropriate discussion and deciding on what to put in it that is.

If that's a decent idea, these are my first random thoughts about it:

 + For the Python code base, follow the Python "PEP 8" standard:

     http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

   It's fairly widespread in the Python community, and many Python tools
   know how to work with it.

 + For the C code base, spaces, not tabs.  Nor particularly caring how
   many spaces personally (4?), so would leave that discussion to others.

 + For anything controversial/hard to decide, we could vote on it and the
   majority for each thing wins

Thoughts?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift