[Gluster-devel] glupy not found during install from source

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Fri May 17 22:54:06 UTC 2013

On 18/05/2013, at 4:19 AM, Jay Vyas wrote:
> Ahh yes, well the lesson i learned was to build from branches instead of from master (switched to branch release-3.4) and that solved it.

Well, that's one way of doing it. :)

Personally, I do build from master 99.5% of the time, as it's
*supposed* to work all the time.  The automated testing that's
done for all of the patches is (in theory) meant to stop general
breakage for things like this.  Of course though, things don't
always play ball,

When it doesn't, I generally file a BZ (if one's not already
there), and try to figure out the cause/fix.

> Justin maybe on your guide to gluster installation from source you should
> also suggest this?

Including info on how to build from the branches is a decent idea.

I've been kind of avoiding it so far, because that starts down a fairly
complicated road.  Different branches have slightly different needs for
compiling (different dependencies, different ./configure options), and
I've been wanting to keep that rpm compiling page as simple as possible.

Maybe that needs to be revisited though... :)

> I update my blog post that "steals" some of that content :)

Steal away.  The info on that page is Community knowledge, and the
wider it gets spread/stolen/etc the better. :)

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift