[Gluster-devel] GlusterFlow 0.0.1 :)

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Sat May 11 00:48:14 UTC 2013

On 11/05/2013, at 1:03 AM, Daniel Mons wrote:
> On 9 May 2013 03:24, Justin Clift <jclift at redhat.com> wrote:
>> *Finally* got all of the pieces of the GlusterFlow thing I've been
>> working on functional (end to end):
>>
>>  https://github.com/justinclift/glusterflow
>>
>> Written in Python 2.7 and using Django + PostgreSQL database.  There's
>> a screenshot on the front page of the repo. :)
>
> This is very cool.  It's the exactly the kind of thing I need to
> enable the less technical members of the IT team the ability to see
> what's going on inside of Gluster at any given time, and answer all
> the usual "is something big happening on the network?" type end-user
> questions.

Thanks. :)

Just to be super clear, DO NOT use this in production atm. :>

For this to be actually practical, there needs to be an easy way to
add custom GlusterFS translators to volumes.

So far I'm having to manually edit .vol files and start the gluster
processes from the command line.

There might be an easier (proper) way, but I don't know it yet.

If there's not, we're going to have to think of some way to add it. :)

As a good first step though, the main Glupy code itself was committed
into the main GlusterFS source tree today.  So, it's automatically
part of GlusterFS v3.5 onwards.

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat