[Gluster-devel] Running glusterfs tests from source dir.

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Fri May 10 15:30:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

Im attempting to run gcov/lcov on glusterfs.

While compiling, gcc creates foo.gcov files for every binary in
builds. gcov/lcov then expect these files to be in the same place/dir
as where the binaries are. So during the compile, these gcno files are
stored all over the source tree. Now a 'make install' will copy the
glusterfs binaries to an installation directory, but not the required
gcno files.

One possible solution might be if I can run the test suite on the
compiled binaries within the source tree, but im not so sure that just
adding some dirs to my PATH would be sufficient and there are no other
dependencies ?

Regards,

John Smith.