[Gluster-devel] 3.4.0alpha3 performances

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu at netbsd.org
Wed May 8 12:03:37 UTC 2013

Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> wrote:

> It seems much faster. Here are the result so far. I will post an update later.

It completed my tar extracction test with decent performances. I then
tired a replicated volume, which is also fine so far.

My testbed where the problem exists has 4 bricks (replicated and
striped), but I know suspect there is something wrong with the volume: I
have been reusing it for testing for a while, and glusterfs crashed a
lot on it. I am almost certain that the problem will vanish if I start
from scratch.

But perhaps you would be interested in exploring further why that
glusterfs volume went into a poor performance mode?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz
manu at netbsd.org