[Gluster-devel] Coming Up Next Week: GlusterFS 3.4 Beta & GlusterFest Test Day

Jason Brooks jbrooks at redhat.com
Thu May 2 23:50:45 UTC 2013

Greetings,

The first beta of glusterfs 3.4 is scheduled for release on Tuesday, May 7th. In conjunction with the beta, we're running a GlusterFest: a 24-hour test day, starting at 8pm PDT May 7/03:00 UTC May 8: http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/GlusterFest.

Please join us for all the GlusterFest excitement, including:

- Testing the software. Install the new beta (when it's released) and put it through its paces. You'll find some basic testing procedures linked from the GlusterFest page. Also, check out this video introducing our new testing framework: http://www.gluster.org/2013/04/gluster-testing-framework/

- Finding bugs. See the current list of bugs targeted for this release: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=895528

- Fixing bugs. For information about contributing to development, see: http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Developers

If you need assistance, join us in #gluster on Freenode, or send a message to the gluster-users mailing list for general usage questions, and gluster-devel for anything related to building, patching, and bug-fixing.

Please spread the word to other potentially-interested Gluster testers!

Happy testing and bug-hunting,

-- Jason

Jason Brooks
Open Source and Standards, Red Hat