[Gluster-devel] Glusterd: A New Hope

Ian Latter ian.latter at midnightcode.org
Tue Mar 26 21:36:11 UTC 2013

> It would be nice to have two or more proposals
> that have been been thought through to approximately the same level of
> detail (which isn't all that high really).  Otherwise we can't really
> make rational comparisons and choices.

Well then add the following as a thought through proposal :-

See section 6.3.1 for Directory (of services) and Meta-data replication details;
  http://www.xtreemfs.org/xtfs-guide-1.4/index.html

It uses FaTLease for consensus via Paxos amongst primary and secondary replicas;
  http://personals.ac.upc.edu/toni/papers/HPDC-08.pdf

  http://www.xtreemfs.org/quickstart_distr.php