[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] 4-glusterfs-socket: is not a valid port identifier, connection attempt failed (Connection refused)

krish kparthas at redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 03:26:46 UTC 2013

Hi Nux!

On 03/14/2013 06:15 AM, Nux! wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I keep seeing this in my logs on all servers: http://fpaste.org/RGuu/
>
> What does it mean?
>
> I thought it may be related to NFS so I disabled that for the only
> volume left that I had, but no change.
>
> Despite the errors the volume seems functional though.
> This is 3.4.0-alpha2.
>
> I really want to put something in production but always keep getting
> in some sort of errors..

The errors that you see are benign.

Why do you see those logs?
A client attempts to bind to a port before connecting to the server. On
Linux systems, we check if the port is reserved by looking for it in
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_reserved_ports. If
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_reserved_port contained only a newline (viz.
perfectly legal), the parsing logic in 3.4 alpha2, would complain that
newline character is an invalid port.

This has been fixed in master branch - See http://review.gluster.com/4583

HTH,
krish