[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] What will 3.5 look like?

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 10:18:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 02:05 -0500, John Mark Walker wrote:
> I realize that we haven't released 3.4 yet, but we're quickly approaching a new release cycle that will ultimately produce GlusterFS 3.5.
Sweet.

> The Gluster Dev Summit starts tomorrow, and one of the things we'll discuss is the new roadmap. What we should all do is take a look at what is on the table, discuss which should take priority, and vote on your favorites.
For the 3.4 cycle you had asked me to produce a "feature page" for
puppet. I guess it got forgotten about, but here's the link if you're
still interested:
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Planning34/PuppetModuleWIP
If you'd like to include this in 3.5, please feel free to move the page
to where it should belong.

It currently does most of what I want, however I think it could use some
changes and optimization's to make it perfect for everyone else. The
easiest way for me to get it there is to probably have some one on one
dev time with a gluster pro and sit and discuss some issues.

It could then get distributed along with the puppet packages to help out
admins. One advantage is that it provides a sort of defacto
documentation for those who want even more. I think this could help
address some recent (whether valid or not) complaints about lack of
documentation.

I hope this helps!
Cheers,
James - Gluster volunteer