[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] Documentation for hidden options exposed

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Mon Jul 29 05:41:02 UTC 2013

On 07/29/2013 04:46 AM, Harshavardhana wrote:

> http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Documenting_the_undocumented
>
> This is something that i wrote recently - options which could be used
> for interesting purposes and perhaps you will.
>
> Feel free to share and edit if anything missing, perhaps you have found
> other interesting options too in the process.
>
> Gist is to expose these ones out for community testing and see if they
> are applicable at a wider scale by changing certain default values for
> which default value might not actually be correct and applicable for lot
> of general workload.
>
> Feedback welcome!

Good work Harsha!

Few more points on
http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Documenting_the_undocumented#Not_available_through_CLI

All these options can be used on the volume with '--xlator-options
<subvolname>.<option-key>=<option-value>' argument to glusterfs{,d} binary.

This calls for some time to correct/edit our man pages.

-Amar