[Gluster-devel] QEMU (and other libgfapi client?) crashes on add-brick / replace-brick

Guido De Rosa guido.derosa at vemarsas.it
Fri Jul 26 09:42:47 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm using QEMU (1.5.1) compiled with GlusterFS  native support, i.e.
linked to libgfapi (v3.4.0) to bypass FUSE overhead and improve
performance.

All is explained in Bharata Rao's blog:

http://raobharata.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/qemu-glusterfs-native-integration/

And the problem I ecounter is explained in my comment:

http://raobharata.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/qemu-glusterfs-native-integration/#comment-520

As the author suggests, I'm here asking what's the current situation
about libgfapi, when a client application is running on a replicated
volume which undergoes add-brick or replace-brick operations. As per
my test with QEMU, it just crashes, anytime bricks are added or
replaced - which, as opposed, does never happen on FUSE mounts.

Thanks very much.

Guido