[Gluster-devel] How to deploy GlusterFS with stand alone mode

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Fri Jul 12 17:25:49 UTC 2013

On 07/12/2013 09:36 PM, harryxiyou wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am not very clear about how to deploy GlusterFS with stand alone
> mode that just deploies GlusterFS on one node that is not only server
> but also client.
>
> Would anyone please give me some suggestions in details? Thanks
> very much ;-)

A quick how-to for standalone deployment:

1. Start glusterd.

2. Create a volume with local bricks [ gluster volume create <volname>
.. <local-brick1> <local-brick2>...<local-brickN> ]

3. Start the volume. [gluster volume start <volname>].

4. Mount the volume locally [mount -t glusterfs localhost:/<volname>
<mount-point>.

This should be it.

-Vijay