[Gluster-devel] Sick but still "alive" nodes

jayunit100 at gmail.com jayunit100 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:47:18 UTC 2013

Hi guys: I just saw an issue on the Hfds mailing list that might be a potential problem in gluster clusters.  It kind of reminds me of Jeff's idea of bricks as first class objects in the API.

What happens if a gluster brick is on a machine which, although still alive, performs poorly?

would such scenarios be detected and if so, can the brick be decommissioned/ignored/moved ? If not it would be a cool feature to have because I'm sure it happens from time to time.

Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com