[Gluster-devel] NFS client authentication

Lachlan fb42skq at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 09:02:10 UTC 2013

Hello.

Is there any sort of authentication method available for NFS clients in
GlusterFS?
It doesn't need to be fancy, but IP address based authentication isn't
really acceptable.
Previously I was using the auth.login protocol/server translator options
for this, but can't now due to the NFS requirement.
The more integrated the authentication method is with GlusterFS the better.
The reason for this is that I'm working on a translator that needs to be
able to figure out the identity of the user who made a request.

Thanks