[Gluster-devel] Test case for testing QEMU-GlusterFS

B N Poornima poornima at in.ibm.com
Tue Feb 5 09:33:37 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm planning to add a test case to the existing GlusterFS test framework
to test the Qemu-GlusterFS aspects. This test will create a volume,
mount it and copy a VM image to it.  It will then use QEMU to boot the
VM image on GlusterFS backend. Hence, want to discuss about the issues
and requirements that will arise while adding the test to the framework.
* First of all, as the test needs to boot a VM image, we need to host
the image in the build server.  What are the issues that we could face
in doing so?
* Test will use QEMU to boot the VM image. Can QEMU be made available on
the build server ?
* When we boot the VM image using qemu, either we need to have a
standard password for the image that will be stored in the build server
or should go for password-less ssh access.
   In the latter case, ssh id from the host system from which we boot
the guest needs to be copied to the guest system. Do we see any problems
here?
Request guidance on the approach we can take to meet the requirements
and overcome the issues.

Regards,
Poornimaa