[Gluster-devel] upstream: Symbolic link not getting healed

Harshavardhana harsha at harshavardhana.net
Fri Dec 20 19:02:22 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 4:36 AM, Vijay Bellur <vbellur at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 12/19/2013 02:28 PM, Harshavardhana wrote:
>
>> GFAPI observes ENOENT with glfs_stat() - so the fix is necessary.
>>

> I agree that the fix is necessary. We will address it for release-3.5 and
> master now. Getting this into release-3.4 at this point in time is dicey as
> we are planning to release 3.4.2 on Monday. Given that the libgfapi problem
> has existed in 3.4.1 and is not a new regression in 3.4.2, we can target
> the complete fix for 3.4.3. At the moment, I am inclined to revert that fix
> for getting 3.4.2 out.
>
> -Vijay

There is a business case for Bluedatainc (http://www.bluedata.com/) which
needs that fix who are a consumer of GFAPI - they are using the community
version 3.4.1qa1 with this fix.

Hadoop jobs "TestDFS_IO" fails without this fix.

--
*Religious confuse piety with mere ritual, the virtuous confuse regulation
with outcomes*