[Gluster-devel] how to distinguish whether the current xlator is used in the client or the server?

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Dec 16 18:31:04 UTC 2013

On 12/16/2013 04:20 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
> hi Mingfan Lu,
>      xlators are not supposed to know which part of the stack they belong to. If you think the functionality needs to be different when it is in
>  server vs client side. Would writing two different xlators one for client side and the other for server side make sense?

You can also consider having optional behavior and enable the
appropriate option in the client/server volume files for the xlator to
behave differently. For e.g. the compression translator is loaded in
both client and server stacks, but it performs
compression/de-compression for the appropriate fops by looking at option
'mode'.

-Vijay