[Gluster-devel] Providing VM images for beta testing? (was: Gluster Community Weekly Meeting)

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 17:15:17 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> The image should come with the version of Gluster that should be used
> for the Testdays. I do not really care how it gets installed, but
> I prefer to make it as simple as possible for users to start testing.
>
> No doubt that we need to point to some explanations on how to import
> such an image in VMware/oVirt/virt-manager/... and attach additional
> disks for the bricks. We could provide an image with some bricks on
> a partition to allow simple tests for new users too.
>
>> With Vagrant you only need to provide one image, and Vagrant does the
>> rest.
>> In any case, I'll have all this ready in the next week or two and
>> you'll all be able to test.
>
> Nice!
>
>> Maybe RWM Jones has some new secret add ons to virt-builder that could
>> be helpful!
>
> I think the manual is pretty clear. It explains how to add files to
> a VM, install additional packages and the like:
> - http://libguestfs.org/virt-builder.1.html
>
> Anyway, I hope some readers that are interested in testing the upcoming
> 3.5 release will express their preference for a VM image or images.
>
> Thanks,
> Niels

Okay, so how about you work on your virt-builder method, and since I'm
already working on my Vagrant method we'll have both scenarios
available.
Then everyone can try out every method and see what works best/what they prefer.

Can someone provide me access to hosting some images for Vagrant?

Thanks,
James