[Gluster-devel] puppet-gluster on F19

James purpleidea at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 13:56:51 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 11:36 PM, Paul Cuzner <pcuzner at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anybody tested Jame's puppet-gluster module on F19? I'm trying to use it and hitting problems with dependencies for python-argparse which is in rhel/centos, but not upstream fedora as far as I can tell(f19 or f20)

Of course it's available in F19 (package python-libs). It's built into
python 2.7. You're probably getting a Puppet dependency issue because
I didn't test against Fedora 19, and Puppet will try to install
'python-argparse' (which isn't necessary for fedora, but is for
centos/rhel).

You can replace the 'python-argparse' strings with 'python-libs', or
wait until I port Puppet-Gluster to F19. Feel free to keep track of
any other issues that you find and I'll patch those too.

> Trying to pull the rpm from the epel repo also backfires with a dependency on the python 2.6 abi - and f19 is at 2.7.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> I was trying to put together a test environment to show foreman/puppet unattended provisioning of gluster nodes.

I'm currently working on vagrant+various os's along with adding more
explicit compatibility for other os' in Puppet-Gluster. F19 is in the
list. I currently provision with cobbler+puppet and this works great.

As I mentioned in my other email, I don't have resources to test on
Foreman at the moment. If you're able to sponsor this work, I'm happy
to look into it for you, but until then maybe someone else has got the
answer.

> Cheers,
> Paul C

Cheers,