[Gluster-devel] disabling caching and other optimizations for internal fops

Anand Avati anand.avati at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 04:50:51 UTC 2013

Setting in xdata has the benefit of getting propagated to server side
without change in protocol. However that being said, dict_t in its current
form is not the most efficient data structure for storing a lot of
key/values (biggest concern being too many small allocations). It will be
good to revive http://review.gluster.org/3910 so that such use of xdata
will be of a lesser concern.

Avati