[Gluster-devel] Proposal for 3.5: Make adding custom translators easy

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Fri Aug 16 18:48:41 UTC 2013

On 15/08/2013, at 7:33 PM, Kaleb KEITHLEY wrote:
> On 08/15/2013 07:40 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
>> On 15/08/2013, at 5:51 AM, Anand Babu Periasamy wrote:
<snip>
>>>  * Modular GlusterFS CLI API. Today it is hard-coded.
>>
>> Not so sure about this one.  Allowing for dynamic additions to
>> the CLI (eg using the meta-data in the JSON fragment) sounds like
>> a feature of it's own.
>
> Not just the CLI, don't forget we have a GUI too, with its own RESTful API.

As a separate project, any thoughts on us replacing the current CLI with
a new one, based upon having a more complete RESTful API + a new CLI that
does nothing but be an interface to it?

Would need to be completely backwards compatible of course.

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift