[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS test on FreeBSD

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Aug 12 16:40:59 UTC 2013

On 08/12/2013 12:19 PM, Mike Ma wrote:
> Hi Kaleb,
>
> I've recently managed to mount and use a gluster volume on FreeBSD, with
> the latest FreeBSD head.
> So maybe the next step is to test it with some test suites?
> Can I ask what benchmarks you normally use?
> What tests should I pass?

In the source tree there is a test subdir containing both smoke and
regression tests. Ideally these would all pass; run them with the
perl-Test-Harness package.

Beyond that you can also run a couple iozone tests on a client where the
volume is mounted.

> BTW, I'm wondering when would be good to send you the changes for reviewing.

Rather than send it to me, I would suggest you create an account on
review.gluster.org and submit your patch for review by the community.

--

Kaleb