[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 3.4.1 planning

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Fri Aug 9 16:25:49 UTC 2013

On 09.08.2013 11:46, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 11:26:06AM +0100, Nux! wrote:
>> On 09.08.2013 10:23, Vijay Bellur wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We are considering 3.4.1 to be released in the last week of this
>>> month. If you are interested in seeing specific bugs addressed or
>>> patches included in 3.4.1, can you please update them here:
>>>
>>> http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Backport_Wishlist
>>

>> Hi, is it too late to open a new bug and hope to see it fixed?
>> I'm still having problems with Windows nfs clients:
>> http://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2013-July/036767.html
>
> That log suggests that the NFS-client tries to use NFSv2:
> - RPC program version not available (req 100003 2)
>   * 100003 is the RPC-program for NFS
>   * 2 is the version of the program
>
> GlusterFS only supports NFSv3 and if you can configure the NFS-client
> use version 3 by default, things might go quicker.
>
> Googling brought me to
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771204.aspx, but that
> does
> not show an option for the version of the NFS protocol to use.  There
> is
> a suggestion to check with the command 'nfsadmin client /?' for
> a complete syntax, maybe a NFS version can be specified.
>
> I do not have a MS Windows to test or verify, so I can not guide you
> much more than this.
>
> Niels

When doing Properties on the mounted volume (Z:), it clearly showed
"version 3", so it looks like it got the right version. It's only the
browsing related operations that are very slow; file transfers - once
started - are fast.
I'll test more when I'm back at work on Monday, maybe see if I can
force the version from the client.
Thanks for the input!

Nux!
www.nux.ro