[Gluster-devel] RPM re-structuring

Kaleb S. KEITHLEY kkeithle at redhat.com
Mon Aug 5 19:34:32 UTC 2013

On 08/05/2013 03:13 PM, Anand Avati wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 4:17 AM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeithle at redhat.com
> <mailto:kkeithle at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 08/05/2013 05:42 AM, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
>
>         On 08/05/2013 02:41 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
>
>             On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 10:59:32AM +0530, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
>

>         IIUC, per the prev threads.. glusterfs package has a dep on
>         glusterfs-libs
>

>     glusterfs does not have a dependency (i.e. a Requires: clause) on
>     glusterfs-libs. This is intentional.

I stated that backwards. qemu-kvm wants to link with glusterfs-libs
without pulling in all the translators from glusterfs or the
systemd/init.d scripts from glusterfs-server

> Does it not? It should.

It's does not have one now and doesn't seem to be hurting anything, but
we can certainly make it explicit.

> glusterfs-libs would contain libglusterfs.so,
> libgfrpc.so and libgfxdr.so - which are required for glusterfs package
> (which contains all the xlators).

Correct. That's exactly what it has.

> Did I miss something?

Probably not.