[Gluster-devel] gluster doesn't like Oracle's FSINFO RPC call

Michael Brown michael at netdirect.ca
Mon Apr 22 17:30:18 UTC 2013

On 13-04-16 02:43 AM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> That was exactly the next thing I was going to suggest :) I think the
> fhandle can be different sizes though, but if it is always round-up to
> have only full blocks of 4 bytes, it should work just fine.
That's one way to do it :)
> Could you pass the patch that you've used? I'll review and verify it
> a little too.
Attached. Nothing to complex, just extending the GlusterFS magic at the
beginning of a FH to 4B.
> However, you should open a service request at Oracle to let them know
> that their DNFS client should encode the fhandle in correct XDR (with
> roundup bytes to make full 4 byte blocks).
Haha… yes, yes I should. If only we were the end customer :/

M.

--
Michael Brown               | `One of the main causes of the fall of
Systems Consultant          | the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero,