[Gluster-devel] Deduplicating fs for Linux?

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 16:58:57 UTC 2013

On 09/04/2013, at 12:14 PM, August R. Wohlt wrote:
> We use glusterfs on top of ZFS (zfsforlinux.com) with de-duplication and compression.
>
> There are a few caveats with regards to insuring you have your memory settings configured just right, but otherwise it's a pain free experience.

Yeah, I'm hearing good things about it pretty often these days.

Making to manually patch and compile stuff seems too much of a pita for
what I'm hoping for though. :(

Still, if nothing else works as nicely, I'll probably take a look at it. :)

+ Justin

--
Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift