[Gluster-devel] Error compiling git tree

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Mon Apr 1 17:41:47 UTC 2013

On 01/04/2013, at 6:35 PM, Nux! wrote:
> On 01.04.2013 18:28, Justin Clift wrote:
>> On 01/04/2013, at 6:15 PM, Nux! wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> mv: cannot stat `rpmbuild/RPMS/*/*': No such file or directory
>> Do you have an rpmbuild/RPMS directory inside your home directory,
>> and is there anything inside it?
>> + Justin
>> --
>> Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat
>> twitter.com/realjustinclift
>
> Hi Justin,
>
> No such dir in ~, however it might be worth noting I'm doing all this in a mock chroot to avoid "polluting" my system.

Ahhh, yeah, that's probably it.  In theory there's supposed to be an
rpmbuild directory structure, used for building.  Generally if it's
not there, it's "supposed" to be created automatically.

However, your system is being a bit different.  ;)

The rpms are building for you now anyway though, and that's the
important bit.

For mock, that's probably a good idea.  Haven't personally really gotten
around to using it yet (bad me ?), but many people do.

My building stuff is all in pristine vm's anyway, so no pollution
chance (as far as I know).  :)

+ Justin